Shalom and welcome
This is the website of Yoav Sapir (M. A.). Born in 1979 in Israel, he studied German-Jewish History and Literature in Jerusalem, Vienna, Heidelberg and Berlin.
He lives in Germany since 2006, is married and works in the following fields:
- Certified (confirmed) translations of official documents from Hebrew into German and vice versa, authorized by the district court of Berlin.
- Author and Journalist, e. g. for the “Süddeutsche Zeitung”, “Aus Politik und Zeitgeschichte”, “Die Welt”, the Jewish weekly “Jüdische Allgemeine”, the magazine “Jüdische Zeitung”, the publishing house “Spektrum der Wissenschaft” and the Israeli newspaper “Maariv”.
- Public speaker for various German and Jewish institutions such as “Deutsche Welle”, Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg, the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, the German-Israeli Society, the Goethe Institute, die Jewish Community of Berlin, the Federal Agency for Civic Education and others.
- Translator from Hebrew into German and vice versa, focusing on academic literature (history, psychoanalysis, religion, culture). Among his clients are the publishing houses “Text+Kritik”, “Merve”, “Taschen”, “DWV”, “Hermann Schmidt”, “Resling”, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the foundation “Centrum Judaicum”, the association for support of Holocaust survivors “Amcha”, the Concentration Camp memorial of Mauthausen, the German Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training, the Goethe Institute, the University of Tel-Aviv, University of Haifa, University of Tübingen, University of Potsdam, University of Jerusalem as well as various Jewish communities in Germany.
- History Guide in Berlin focusing on Jewish history and Berlin's culture of remembrance in English, German and Hebrew.
Imprint and contact details
...when calling from Germany:
...when calling from other countries or from foreign mobile phones:
Postal address (only for unsolicited letters):
Yoav Sapir, c/o Patzek, Bütervenn 62d, 33758 Schloß Holte, Germany
Sprache wechseln / החלף שפה
Jewish Berlin Tours | Berlin Jewish Tours | Guided Tours in Berlin | Berlin Tour Guide | Jewish Tour Guide in Berlin | Jewish Community in Berlin | Kosher Restaurants in Berlin Berlin Kosher Food | Synagogues in Berlin | Jewish Tours of Berlin | Cruise Tours in Berlin | Jewish Cruise Tours of Berlin | Berlin Cruise Tours